- Full on-access scanning
- User friendly interface
- Automatic updates
- Integrated email protection
- Power PC and Intel supported
- Simple installation
avast! Mac Edition is an antivirus solution for Apple Macintosh machines running Mac OS X. It is based on a central virus-scanning daemon and includes a mail scanner, an on-demand scanner and an on-access scanner all controlled through a simple user interface. Although designed as a solution for individual desktops, and priced accordingly, the level of performance is closer to that normally delivered by server antivirus software.
avast! antivirus Mac Edition and avast! antivirus Mac+PC Edition contain the same ICSA Certified scan engine as all avast! antivirus products, offering best-in-class protection against viruses, trojan horses, spyware and other malware threats.
The Mac+PC Edition product license is for Mac users ONLY with BOTH the Mac operating system and MS Windows installed on the same machine. It comprises both the Mac Edition and Professional Edition and will enable you to SAVE 37% compared to purchasing both products individually.
Some key features of avast! antivirus Mac and Mac+PC Edition
- Full on-access scanning - scans files for any infection at the time they are accessed
- On-demand scanning - scheduled or ad-hoc scans of your system
- Integrated mail protection - stops infections at one of the main access points
- Virus Chest - a place for safe storage of infected or suspicious files, to prevent further virus spreading
- Full automatic updates - of both the program and the virus definitions
- Full control of the scanning options - set avast! to work in the way you want